Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > Troubleshooting & Problems
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 15 Years ago

Old 10-15-2008, 01:13 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Photoplog is creating usergroups

I've searched around the forums for this problem but can't see it anyone experiencing it anywhere, so I will try to explain whats happening.

When I go into any usergroup and try to allow access to photoplog at first I think that the permissions wouldn't stick, this is true, however what is happening is that it is creating the usergroup again, in my case administrator and the permissions are fine within that usergroup, however I do not belong to it as its a new usergroup, before I realised this was happening I had created over 10 new administrator groups the permissions had saved in each one but not the original.

The problem here is I have thousands of members and an array of usergroups, all of them would need to have the members added to them again for this to work, I'm unsure as to whats creating the problem as nothing is being reported like errors or anything similar, I obviously can't view photoplog as I don't have the permissions due to the above.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

PhotoPlog has no code to create additional usergroups. Try temporarily disabling all add-ons except for PhotoPlog to check for something else that is causing the problem.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 10-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Green Plog

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I disabled photopost and the problem no longer occurs, so it is directly related to me installing photopost, its got me stumped as its not a problem I have ever encountered.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Head Plog
Admin

If you are looking for Photopost support, please visit the Photopost website. If you are looking for PhotoPlog support, then you are at the right place, but again the PhotoPlog code contains nothing that would create new usergroups. This can be verified by looking through the PhotoPlog code. You might try temporarily disabling all add-ons except for PhotoPlog to check for something else.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 10-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Green Plog

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Sorry photopost was a typo, didn't even know that existed, none of my add-ons have anything that would create duplicate usergroups, but its definitely related to photoplog as it only happens when I try to update photoplog permissions for all groups, when I disable photoplog the problem no longer occurs, I fail to see how it could be related to something else if everything updates fine when photoplog is disabled?
Old 10-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Head Plog
Admin

There is no code in PhotoPlog that does a MySQL INSERT/REPLACE INTO query on the vB usergroup table. If this were something from PhotoPlog, then everyone would be having this problem. It is something else that is the problem. What I cannot say, but if you still believe it is PhotoPlog, the only suggestion I can give you is to uninstall PhotoPlog.