Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 17 Years ago

Old 04-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Yellow Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Question Hi Morgan, are you there?

Hi Morgan

I have been trying to get in touch with you for a few days but no reply

I would like to buy the photoplog pro unbranded version (am running vb 3.6.5 with VBSEO Gold) if;
1) My root index is my main forum page, I presume I can set things up to show photoplog thumbnail section ONLY on the front page right?
2) If you can install it (prepared to pay extra of course).

RSVP
Mark
Old 04-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Yes, I am here. Most of the time I am around every day, but sometimes I need to leave town, work, attend to family obligations, etcetera. I just got back from being out of town about an hour ago, and while I did check the forum before I left, I forgot about email. I had a lot to do before I left that email slipped my mind. Sorry about that.

1: Out of the box, you can place PhotoPlog thumbnails on the FORUMHOME and MEMBERINFO pages. There are instructions to do this in the main readme.txt file that comes with the ZIP package.

2: The install is similar to that of the Lite version, and you can install PhotoPlog wherever you prefer. If you need help with the install, just let me know, but at this time I am not offering an installation service.

Please note though that, because I do not have vBSEO or other modifications, I might not be able to help should a conflict arise between PhotoPlog, vBSEO, or some other modification.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 04-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Yellow Plog

Thumbs down Thanks, but no thanks

Morgan, jeez, vbseo is a major add on thousands of vbulletin users has installed, surely you know!

Also, sorry, you seem to have soooooo many install problems stated by people on vbulletin.org, I do not want to contemplate your add-on unless I can get someone to install it.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Head Plog
Admin

From Google you'll be able to see that there are people out there using PhotoPlog and vBSEO. However, I am not interested in vBSEO, as good as it may be, so I cannot say that I'll support any vBSEO/PhotoPlog conflicts, especially when I don't have a copy. As to the Lite installation, if you check through the thread on vBorg, you will also find people who had no problems with the installation. For example, here is one such post, also quoted below. However, if someone does have a problem, s/he is free to post in one of the forums here for help. Also, if PhotoPlog is not for you, check out this thread for a list of other alternatives.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 04-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Orange Plog

Comments: 2

Mark,
as you know this is an Forum what supports only PhotoPlog. No other Addons, such like vBSEO, GARS or something like that. Do a search and you'll find tons of Install Informations between PhotoPlog and PhotoPlog Lite. And you don't need someone who's going to install it for you. It's really easy. Before you start => DO A SEARCH !!!

BTW: Why Thumbs Down???
Old 04-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Yellow Plog

Red face OK

First, MikeD, I had pita (pain in the a) issues with vbadvanced's links directory and wanted to know up front if I was likely to get them with plog. The issue was actually with vb itself!!!! But as vbseo is so widely used, I wanted to include mention of this just to be safe. I was worried because Morgan seemed to have disapeared especially off vb.org where people have been having problems. Thumbs down was because Morgan does not offer an install service and that triggers alarms about confidence levels!

Morgan, OK, your product is streets ahead, thank you, so I have gone and bought it. My questions is though can / may I change the directory name to /photos/, rather than /photoplog/ and if "yes" what do I have to do?

Regards / RSVP
Mark
Old 04-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Head Plog
Admin

FYI, I've moved your access question here: http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1163

There are two main reasons that I don't offer an installation service: 1) I don't think it is necessary, as I can get most install issues solved via the forum, and 2) it is better that people know how to install PhotoPlog themselves, and when upgrades are released, people can upgrade themselves. No need for me to be unnecessarily accessing your server.

As to support in the vBorg thread, here's a quote from the lite release post:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.