PhotoPlog

Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > "How Do I..." Questions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 17 Years ago

Old 12-26-2005, 04:50 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0

- possibility to add only the Random Thumbs in the header of some forums and not only in forumhome page.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:11 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Here's how to add Random Thumbs on forum home and forum display with PhotoPlog Lite.
  • Go to ACP -> Plugin System -> Plugin Manager -> Edit PhotoPlog Forum Home Thumbs
  • Change the Hook Location from forumhome_complete to global_start
  • Wrap the Plugin PHP Code in an if statement:
    Code:
    Content visible to registered users only.
  • Use $photoplog_forumhome right after $navbar appears in the FORUMHOME and FORUMDISPLAY templates.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Green Plog

Thank's work fine, but if I want the "random thumbs" only in one or two forum and not in all forums?

Old 12-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Wrap using this if statement instead, where 1,3,5 is replaced with comma separated forumids that you'd like for thumbs, i.e., if you want thumbs on forumids 2 and 4 just change 1,3,5 to 2,4 or if you want thumbs on forumid 6 only, just change 1,3,5 to 6 (the OR THIS_SCRIPT == 'index' bit shows thumbs on forum home but you can remove it if you want).
Code:
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-28-2005, 04:25 AM
Green Plog

Wow, work!

Just last question: is it possible to add only a "random thumbs" of that category in a specific forum?
If I have a category, example hovers, I would want the "random thumbs" to make to see only the images of that category.

thank's.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Go to ACP -> Plugin System -> Plugin Manager -> Edit PhotoPlog Forum Home Thumbs and replace:
Code:
With the following:
Code:
Where 7,8,9 are category IDs from ACP -> PhotoPlog -> Category Manager.

You could be a bit more fancy by setting the following right before the query:
Code:
And then replace:
Code:
With the following:
Code:
So that, for example, if $forumid is 3 then the PhotoPlog category IDs 7,8,9 are used.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:53 AM
Green Plog

Thank's.

I allow me to say these:

If it were you possible you should add therefore the choice in the PhotoPlog Pro version of:

- to add or no the "random thumbs" to all forums
- to add or no the "random thumbs" only to specific id forums
- to add or no the "random thumbs" only to a forums rather than to all

or to consider the content of this 3d to insert the configurations in the xml file.

Last edited by Jaki; 12-29-2005 at 04:55 AM..
Old 02-18-2006, 04:50 AM
Green Plog

- is it possible to activate only the random thumbs for two, three forums, and not for the other whole forumses?

- is it possible that the random thumbs in these forums both that related to that two or three forums?
Old 02-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Is question one answered in this post? Not quite sure what question two means.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Orange Plog

Gallery: 1
Comments: 2

works great, thank you, is this a phrase "random thumbs" where can i edit these words to "gallery" or something,, thx

*edit, nvm found it,

Last edited by Loco.M; 04-03-2006 at 08:24 AM..