Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > Troubleshooting & Problems
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 07-16-2007, 04:23 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Unhappy In a mess

Hi, I have photoplog lite and I am very happy with that product. But because recently I have been getting database and fatal errors all connected with photoplog, I need help from the actual developers. I am not in a position to buy the pro version now but it is in my list of should buy products in future.

>>> Recently, I transfered my forum to a new vps server and upgraded my forum to 3.6.7. After that when I tried uploading a picture of mine into the photoplog gallery on my forum and this error showed up:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/admin/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/photoplog/images/1/1_123cmlogo.jpg) [ function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /photoplog/upload.php on line 171

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [ function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpqqa2UQ' to '/home/admin/domains/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/photoplog/images/1/1_123cmlogo.jpg' in /photoplog/upload.php on line 171

>>> So, I re-uploaded all the photoplog files and tried reinstalling via my admincp productmanager by upgrading it instead of installing although I have the latest version. I tried it so many time but I kept getting only a blank page where it had to show the report instead. Now, when I clicked on a photo thumbnail on the home page it only went to a blank template with usual vBulletin header and footer and nothing as contents.

>>> So I tried uninstalling the product and then this error came up on the home page of the forum itself:

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.7:
Invalid SQL:
SELECT *
FROM photoplog_fileuploads
WHERE moderate = 0
ORDER BY RAND()
LIMIT 5;
MySQL Error : Table 'admin_vb.photoplog_fileuploads' doesn't exist
Error Number : 1146
Date : Sunday, July 15th 2007 @ 10:36:25 PM
Script : http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/index.php
Referrer : http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/
IP Address : xx.xx.xx.xx
Username : jeffinj
Classname : vb_database

So I disabled the product via my controlpanel and now whenever I just enable it the above error shows. Not sure whats happening. I need help to recover from the mess I just did.

If needed I can give you a forum username and password and you can rectify it as an admin.

Thanks.

Last edited by jeffinj; 07-16-2007 at 05:17 AM..
Old 07-16-2007, 05:06 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

PhotoPlog automatically creates 777 permissions as needed, but when you moved servers and FTPed the PhotoPlog images directory and its contents, it is unlikely that you gave the directories their 777 permissions. On a *nix server, to set 777 permissions in one go via hell, cd to your PhotoPlog images directory, and then type the following:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Note that the PhotoPlog images directory, and all sub-directories within that directory, are to have 777 permissions.

When you get a blank page, it almost always means that the server path set in the PhotoPlog config file is incorrect. Copy the following into a file named whatismypath.php and FTP it into your main forum directory, then call it from your browser, and it should tell you the server path:
Code:
Note that you also need to update the PhotoPlog Link setting via the ACP.

By uninstalling PhotoPlog, you dropped all the PhotoPlog tables containing the gallery data, so you need to reinstate the PhotoPlog database tables using a backup. Hopefully you have a backup; otherwise the gallery is gone for good.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Green Plog

Hello Morgan, thanks for that.

I am not sure if the product was installed fully because I got this error at that time:
Fatal error: Direct Instantiation of vB_Database_Alter class prohibited. in /includes/class_dbalter.php on line 109

Anyway, The tables were restored from a slightly old backup I had and reinstalled photoplog. Now the problem is:

www.myforum.com/photoplog leads me to a log in page for username and password and even entering the right info still gets me to the same login page. So should re-upload photoplog files and re-install?

Thanks again.
Jeff
Old 07-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Green Plog

Hi Morgan, I re-uploaded all files while ftp in ASCII and chose upgrade option from product manager. config.php was edited corectly. The above problem still exists. It asks for username and password and even on entering them it still leads me to the same log in page.

Could I send you my admin username and password via pm so you can have a look at it yourself. As an admin, it should be easier for you to understand what the issue may me.

Thanks again.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Go to the Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup and set the PhotoPlog permissions for each usergroup.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Green Plog

I got this error while trying to edit the permissions:

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.7:

Invalid SQL:
UPDATE vb_usergroup SET

### UPDATE QUERY GENERATED BY fetch_query_sql() ###
`title` = 'Registered Users',
`description` = '',
`usertitle` = '',
`opentag` = '',
`closetag` = '',
`passwordexpires` = '0',
`passwordhistory` = '0',
`blogMaxDaily` = '0',
`blogMinPosts` = '0',
`blogMinPostsComments` = '0',
`forumpermissions` = '770551',
`attachlimit` = '0',
`pmquota` = '0',
`pmpermissions` = '2',
`pmsendmax` = '5',
`calendarpermissions` = '63',
`wolpermissions` = '1',
`adminpermissions` = '0',
`genericpermissions` = '472389319',
`genericoptions` = '62',
`profilepicmaxwidth` = '100',
`profilepicmaxheight` = '100',
`profilepicmaxsize` = '65535',
`avatarmaxwidth` = '80',
`avatarmaxheight` = '80',
`avatarmaxsize` = '20000',
`signaturepermissions` = '235519',
`sigpicmaxwidth` = '500',
`sigpicmaxheight` = '100',
`sigpicmaxsize` = '20000',
`sigmaxrawchars` = '1000',
`sigmaxchars` = '500',
`sigmaxlines` = '0',
`sigmaxsizebbcode` = '7',
`sigmaximages` = '15',
`photoplogpermissions` = '5071',
`photoplogmaxfilesize` = '',
`photoplogmaxfilelimit` = '',
`arcadepermissions` = '15',
`minpoststoplay` = '4',
`minreptoplay` = '-1000',
`minreglengthtoplay` = '0',
`blogBlogPermissions` = '205',
`blogEntryPermissions` = '2102',
`blogCommentPermissions` = '77'
WHERE usergroupid=2;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'photoplogpermissions' in 'field list'
Error Number : 1054
Date : Tuesday, July 17th 2007 @ 06:08:49 AM
Script : http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/admincp/u....php?do=update
Referrer : http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/adm...&usergroupid=2
IP Address : 220.238.34.139
Username : jeffinj
Classname : vb_database
Old 07-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Head Plog
Admin

The product XML file creates that column upon import via the ACP, so something was undone or wasn't done after the server move. You can try running the following queries, and see it that resolves the issues created when you tried to 'fix' PhotoPlog, but if something else comes up, you might want to try reinstating the gallery again, or dig through the product XML file for whatever may still be missing:
Code:
Old 07-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Green Plog

Hi Morgan, Just before I try to do this step.

If I give you my ftp and admincp passwords, would you be able to rectify or at least find out the issue for me? I am sure it wouldn't be easy for me because yesterday I was trying to increase my pm inbox size and the above errors showed up and I had to disable photoplog to avoid the conflict. So I am guessing it might not be as simple as trying out the above steps.

Thanks again.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Head Plog
Admin

There is no need for me to access your site, as you can run the queries yourself, either using the ACP or phpMyAdmin.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Green Plog

<<message deleted>> - a new problem came up but it was rectified

Last edited by jeffinj; 07-18-2007 at 08:52 PM..