Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog.com > Feedback & Suggestions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 17 Years ago

Old 10-26-2006, 02:11 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

1. Setting the number zero in how many to display turns them off.
2. You would need to edit a template or two to remove the thumbs.
3. Random/new thumbs are contained in variables that can be moved.
4. Yes, it's like a favorites place where you can mark things to store.
5. Via the Usergroup Manager, you can set a yes/no per usergroup.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 10-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Yellow Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0

Would just like to say that the new gallery is amazing. Brilliant.

Is there a way to create a members area that creates a users own gallery section once they add an image like vba?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Thanks.

Not sure of the vBa feature, but in PhotoPlog, you can allow your members to suggest a category. Once you approve the category, it's available for uploads. If you are looking for that category to be used only by said member, that'll be a feature request maybe for a later version of pro.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 10-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Orange Plog

Comments: 2

New PhotoPlog? Wow, seems that I missed somethings . Finally we have now an new update. But it's hard work for me about the new Phrases into German. Can someone give me a lil overview about the new Phrases between 2.11 and the new one? Please don't tell me to re-translate the whole PhotoPlog. Please don't do it It was a hard work for me at that time

Just a lil overview about the new Phrases. It this possible? So then I can update the German translating here in that forum. -Mike
Old 10-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Orange Plog

Gallery: 2
Comments: 1

I finally had some time today to do the upgrade.

My only problem so far was that the config.php got overwritten, such that ...

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
... which of course caused a few problems when I tried to hit the main 'plog page.

I followed the upgrade instructions to the letter. Obviously just correcting the above fixed things, and it seem to be running fine. But I guess you might want to adjust the instructions accordingly.

-- hugh
Old 10-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Head Plog
Admin

@MikeD: the language XML files here list phrases in alphabetical order within phrase group so that can be used to look for new phrases, but sorry, I don't have a list of the v.2.1.2 phrases.

@cheesegrits: do you mean the upgrade instructions in the readme.txt file? If so, please see number three. Maybe it should be config.php.txt and then people can rename the file if needed.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Orange Plog

Code:
Ah, you mean the bit that clearly says "(except config.php)" that I somehow managed to miss?

Sheesh, I'm just not having a good day today.

-- hugh
Old 10-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Orange Plog

Is the PSD for the new Slideshow button available? I'd like to build one for my dark styles (I'm a Black Widow user, I vastly prefer it to the standard style), need to grab one of the layers from your default blue button.

-- hugh
Old 10-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Head Plog
Admin

LOL, that'd be the bit. Don't worry, tomorrow is Monday, it'll get better.

As for the slideshow button, there is no PSD, it's just a flat GIF image.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Orange Plog

Code:
Hmmm, that makes it tougher. The white aliasing on the default is nasty on a dark bg, and of course the button background is that gradient blue, which makes it tough to turn into a dark grey gradient to fit with the dark bg's.

I think all I really need to do is crop the filmstrip image, and paste that into my standard dark style "big button" PSD. Then it's just text, and aliasing it properly for a dark bg.

I have all the graphics ability of a house brick, but if I do come up with anything workable, I'll upload it.

-- hugh