Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25
Default Pro v.2.1.4 Request Thread

Pro v.2.1.4 Request Thread

Feel free to post new feature requests for pro v.2.1.4 in this thread, as it's where I'll be looking for what you want.

I'll try to keep this post updated with items that will go in the next release. Please note though that it's possible not every request will make it into the next release.

For the Next Release
  • Category member folder display
  • Allow for category dividers
  • Vary title on FTP Import
  • Make use of EXIF information
  • Integrate with vB member list
  • Ability for public albums
  • Replace 35px with setting
  • Add style CSS to IMG tags
  • Improve view file navbits
  • Inline moderation tick boxes
  • Separate getnew/daily info
  • Edit/delete in view file table head
  • hooks_photoplog.xml for plugins
  • Unmoderated categories allowed
  • Improve custom field search
  • Add setting for number in filmstrip
  • Drop downs on selector popup
  • Split ACP settings into parts
  • Feed by category via query string

PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4 is released!
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 11-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0

I have already suggested this, but just in case and I don't think it was added in 2.1.3, but when you use FTP Import, it forces you to select a name and gives that name to every file you mass uploaded to your gallery. That doesn't really work well if you think about it, so I suggest making a function that would do this.

When you select "FTP Import" the form should change slightly (possibly ajax), then ask you if you want to add a numbered suffix or prefix to your FTP Import names, select yes and there you have it. For people who want really defined names, then I suggest manually editing them.

*Note: Also, I just thought of this, maybe adding a feature like "Use Filename as Name" and that would take the filename before the extension (jpeg, gif, etc) and use that as the name. Tell me what you think.

Morgan says: 'Vary title on FTP Import' added to list

Last edited by jljr222; 11-08-2006 at 12:33 PM..
Old 11-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Orange Plog

Comments: 2

That's an damn good idea. Let's start...
  • ACP Options...
  • Internal Backup Function (I believe it's one of the most impartant things to prevent any data loss!!!)
Morgan says: vB database backup option available at ACP -> Maintenance -> Database Backup
  • Selectable Pics (Should be good for Mass/Mov Deletings)
Morgan says: not sure of the feasibility with a large gallery and limited screen space
  • Database Options...
  • Purge old saved Images
Morgan says: can be done with Mass Move/Delete or individually when viewing file
  • Check for missing thumbnails and re-create them
Morgan says: not sure of the extra benefit over Rebuild Thumbnails option
  • Rescan photos & save EXIF Header information
Morgan says: 'Make use of EXIF information' added to list
  • Scan for duplicate entries
Morgan says: not sure on this, could be difficult to determine true duplicates
  • Custom Fields...
  • Searchable Custom Fields (Right now our custom fields being not supported in the PhotoPlog search function)
Morgan says: custom fields are automatically searched since pro v.2.1.2
  • PhotoPlog Lists...
  • Members Gallery List
Morgan says: 'Integrate with vB member list' added to list
  • Miscellaneous
  • Own Pic Fav's
Morgan says: users can add favorites to albums since pro v.2.1.2
  • Compress Pics
Morgan says: 'JPG Thumb Quality' setting available, GIF and PNG default to GD/PHP

Sounds good? Hmm I think for the time being I should stop here. I have more of them. So I thought to post the most important things. I did not tell ya my ideas of options of stored pics. You'd be surprised. If I'd post it I believe Morgan gets a nervous breakdown (j/k) Nah, take it easy, Morgan. You can be happy to have such a great crew in your forum. Everyone loves you of your great abilities and knowledges to make your PhotoPlog better and better on each day. I know: It's easier said than done. But I'm absolute sure: You will get it! Get on with it and remember that you have the whole crew behind you -Mike
Old 11-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Yellow Plog

Comments: 1

For the slideshow, I'd suggest adding a link to the full version of the pic being displayed (maybe the image itself should be clickable).

Morgan says: with JavaScript/Cookies the image clicks to view file page, without to image itself

Another nice feature would to be to have an option enabling custom member galleries and pages- a mix between MySpace and PBase. These would not necessarily need to be linked to the main gallery- they could just be standalone pages powered by the gallery that members could link to from their profile page or signature. If you add something link this, remember to include an on/off setting in the config page since not everyone would find it useful.

Morgan says: 'Ability for public albums' added to list
Old 11-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Green Plog

Suggestion: Replace fixed width for thumbnails with variables.

Morgan says: 'Replace 35px with setting' added to list
Old 11-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Orange Plog

Just finished the translations of 2.13 & 2.14 and now this. OMG, does it never stop? Now we are by 2.14 and the discussion goes on. LOL J/K

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Yep I know it my friend, but I thought to get a seperate Backup function for PhotoPlog only. Hmm...

Morgan says: just mark the PhotoPlog tables as yes to backup only those tables
Old 11-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Orange Plog

Once again Morgan pulls through. My god what's up with you? I think this might be getting a little out of hand (positive meaning ) Go on. I love you for that. I'm ready for the next translations. Can't wait o get the gold edition 5.01 -Mike

Morgan says: just compiling a list at the moment, not sure when the next release will be
Old 11-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Orange Plog

Noticed it right now about the Morgan says: ... sentence. Great idea. Anyway better than to start a "QUOTE"

Code:
MikeD says: Stupid me. I did not see it. Thank you!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Orange Plog

Code:
MikeD says: Ready to volunteer myself as Beta Tester
Old 11-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Yellow Plog

My biggest pet peeve with gallery scripts in vB is the fact that there's never any option in the ACP to add a border around both thumbnails and full size images. Can you possibly make an option to turn a border on in the ACP, with the variables of thickness (pixels) and border color?

If that were included, I'd switch from vBGallery to PhotoPlog in a heartbeat (even though I already own a Photoplog license). It's the little things that attract some people

Thanks for listening!

Morgan says: 'Add style CSS to IMG tags' added to list for small, medium, and large thumbs when embedded in HTML; it's possible to border an image fed directly to the browser but it might be too much overhead
Closed Thread