Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > Troubleshooting & Problems
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 18 Years ago

Old 01-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default I need some help...

I have this installed, I edited the config file to /public_html which is what I think is my forum directory. I have uploaded the files, installed the product. I do have a few questions with issues.

1. How do you set chmod 777?

2, I have the forum permisions set for admins, and I am an admin and I cannot figure out how to access the gallery.

I think the install directions were a little confusing and lacking, especially for a newbie like me. So if I could get some help that would be great.

Thanks.

DA
Old 01-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Green Plog

1.) Using your ftp software, log onto your site. I use cuteftp, and when logged in I can 'right click' the folder and choose properties. It shows the different file access for each person as well as the code. By ticking all 9 boxes the code reads 777. Alternatively I can just type in 777 and it sets the boxes accordingly.

2.) When you say you can't access the gallery I assume you mean you can't see a link to it. Reading this and your post on vbulletin.org You will need to add the link into your navbar template if you want it to appear on your pages for members to view. This is best left until the end after you have it all up and running.

You can find your gallery at one of the following:

www.mywebpage.com/galleryfolder/
or
www.mywebpage.com/galleryfolder/index.php

I would choose the one ending in index.php for safety.

This should open up a page where you can see the gallery layout where you can start to upload files to.

K
Old 01-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Green Plog

Ok, so I did the 777 chmod, and I tried to access www.mindifidoaj.com/photoplog/index.php and this is what I get...

Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/mindand4/public_html/photoplog/settings.php on line 85

Warning: main(./global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mindand4/public_html/photoplog/settings.php on line 86

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mindand4/public_html/photoplog/settings.php on line 86

Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated...

Thanks.

DA
Old 01-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Green Plog

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Reading that, your settings aren't right in either your config.php and/or your admincp

Make sure youre config.php setting is /home/mindand4/public_html/ and not http://www.mindifidoaj.com

Then assuming your photoplog folder is: www.mindifidoaj.com/photoplog

you 'PhotoPlog Directory' option in the admincp should simply read "/photoplog" (without the " marks)

if you have uploaded to a different folder the change the name in your admincp.

A screenshot of your admincp would be handy, and double check that config file.

K
Old 01-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Green Plog

Awesome, thanks so much!!!

Now if you could please tell me how to put it in the navbar???? I know that's not your issue, but if you could it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I figured it out. No problems so far seems to work great. Great little piece of software. Thank you again.

Last edited by da420; 01-12-2006 at 11:06 PM..
Old 01-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Glad you have it working.

Just in case someone else happens across this thread, here's what you need to add to the navbar template:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 04-28-2006, 12:47 AM
Green Plog

Thanks for the navbar tip!