Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Pro > Pre-Sale Questions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 06-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Smart Albums

I'm not sure if any gallery software can do this, photoplog or photopost, but i'm looking for a gallery software that would be able to sort all uploaded images by a certain feature.

For example if it was a car forum, I would be able to create custom fields for user submitted images, one called year and another called make. When users upload their images into their personal galleries, those pictures would also go into a global-like gallery where someone could go to that gallery and choose the album, 1998 Toyota, and see all user uploaded images that are 1998 toyota images.

Would this be possible with photopost? If not, what other gallery software would do something of this sort.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Orange Plog

Gallery: 2

Actually we do something *sort* of like this with canned searches. We use custom fields for the members to enter various values that we want to be able to search on (to make sure that they are entered in a consistently formatted way) and then we provide links on a page that have a url like:

http://www.yoursite.com/galleries/se...2&searchtype=1

That query actually wouldn't quite work for you as it's an exact match query, but you probably get the idea. Photoplog handles custom fields (and with the new version) searching on custom fields better than any other vB gallery package out there. IIRC Photoplost and vBGallery both *don't* search on custom fields? I now there were serious shortcomings with their custom fields searching, and Plog could work around them. ::shrug::

Not sure if that's an answer but hope it helps a little?

James and Susan

Last edited by James; 06-18-2007 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

James is correct. There is nothing in PhotoPlog to break up custom fields into groups, but the custom fields are searchable. Not sure what other scripts provide in this area.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 06-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0

Sweet, thanks for the responses. That should work for me. What i may do is create the galleries myself and direct my users to upload directly into those galleries. Hopefully it stays organized.

Thanks.