Old 01-30-2006, 05:14 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Can't log in to new installation

I just installed photoplog on my site here:

http://www.supraclub.ca/photoplog/index.php

and I get to the login screen, type in my name and password,
and it sends me back to the same screen. I've gone through and changed all permissions in admincp so that all admins and users can view the forum, but to no avail.

any ideas as to what could be wrong?
Old 01-30-2006, 07:14 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

You say you've "gone through and changed all permissions in admincp so that all admins and users can view the forum..."

Is that a typo, or did you do the following?

vB ACP -> PhotoPlog -> Usergroup Manager -> pick a Usergroup to Edit -> look for PhotoPlog Permissions -> set as desired
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Green Plog

sorry, yeah that was typo, I did change the photoplog permissions, and still no luck.

edit: just noticed something.. when I first log into the admincp, I get this message:

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I'm guessing this has something to do with it?

Last edited by CanuckDave; 01-30-2006 at 06:22 PM..
Old 01-31-2006, 06:54 AM
Head Plog
Admin

When you get the login box in PhotoPlog, it is the STANDARD_ERROR template in play. Do you see that the STANDARD_ERROR template needs an update? Also, try running /admincp/index.php?do=buildbitfields from your browser.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-31-2006, 07:04 AM
Green Plog

I reverted those templates, and no more are showing up. tried the buildbitfields, and still, no luck. I'm quite stumped at this point..
Old 01-31-2006, 07:32 AM
Green Plog

oh wow, I feel like an idiot now.. I just realized that the only reason it wasn't working is because I had the photoplog folder outside of the forums directory.. this is why I shouldn't install things at the end of the day when I'm dead tired

thanks for your help.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:39 AM
Head Plog
Admin

PhotoPlog doesn't need to be inside the forum directory, or do you have something special set up?
Old 01-31-2006, 07:45 AM
Green Plog

I have vBadvanced set up, and various hacks like welcome messages etc.
didn't work until I moved it inside the forums folder, but now everything is just fine.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Green Plog

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Me too, can't login untl move photoplog folder into forum folder T__T
Old 03-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Head Plog
Admin

It might have something to do with a relative link that needs to be made into an absolute link, but without seeing the HTML source or having a test user/pass, it is hard to say for sure.