Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > Troubleshooting & Problems
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 04-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Our old friend imagetypes()

Okay, so I know this error typically means that GD is not installed correctly. But here's my question: if vB works with GD (e.g. for captcha), how can it not be installed correctly? I double checked that I'm not using ImageMagick for vB: it's definitely GD. I also checked the gallery/config.php file for extranneous whitespace, but there isn't any (not even a newline after the ?>, even).

I'm pretty sure it was working previously. This is a conversion we're doing, so it's not in actual use, but we had been testing it out, so it must have been working at some point. One possibility for when it got messed up was that I recently upgraded from 3.6.7 to 3.6.9. Not sure how that would impact it, but maybe.

I also was having problems with the captcha in vB (also after the upgrade), which I solved by turning on "safe upload mode". Again not sure if this is in any way relevant, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

vB 3.6.8 only checks for the GD imagetypes function when you go to the ACP -> Maintenance -> Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails, and only if you are not using ImageMagick. Similarly, vB 3.7.0 Beta 2 only checks for the GD imagetypes function when you go to the ACP -> Maintenance -> Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails/Rebuild Custom Avatar Thumbnails/Rebuild Avatar Thumbnails, and only if you are not using ImageMagick. The CAPTCHA image is something different.

The GD imagetypes function is part of GD so if you get a "undefined function imagetypes" or "unknown function imagetypes" message, the function cannot be found: something for your host to address. Also, PhotoPlog requires that safe mode be off to fully function. As you are now running PHP in safe mode, it is unlikely that you will be able to upload files.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 04-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Hmmm ... well, I tried that, but it says I haven't set any attachments to be thumbnailed. I think we've got attachmets turned off somehow, although that error message isn't exactly true, since if I go where it tells me, several of those categories have a "Yes" in the "Thumb" column.

The reason I thought the captcha was using GD is because of the vB setting that specifically asks me how to create reg images, which is set to "GD (True Type Fonts)".

Code:
Oh ... when I was searching, I found a thread from someone who got that message and it turned out to be extra whitespace in his/her config.php, so I guess I was hoping that I might get lucky too. But this is all irrelevant, I suppose, because

Code:
and I can't make the captcha work without safe mode (it says it can't create temporaray files). So I suppose I'm just hosed all around. <sigh>
Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

The CAPTCHA image is using GD, but it doesn't test whether the GD imagetypes function is available, i.e., you shouldn't see "undefined function imagetypes" or "unknown function imagetypes" messages with the CAPTCHA image. IIRC with PHP 6 safe mode is a thing of the past, but there are enough hosts who still set safe mode to on that, if I have the time, I think I'm going to throw in a safe mode option relatively soon. Probable, but no promises.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams