Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Pro > Pre-Sale Questions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 17 Years ago

Old 05-01-2006, 03:34 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default filmstrip

I'm not sure which forum this is more appropriate for (I considered putting it in the suggestions forum). Move it if you need to. Anyway...

I was taking a look at the pro demo you have on your site. I like the idea of being able to click through an entire gallery of photos without going back out to the category thumbnail page. This is what the filmstrip does.

However, as you go through the filmstrip, I've noticed that it is generated based on the current photo. This makes it impossible to click through an entire gallery because you will keep getting moved into subcategories.

Here's an example: Click on the Pets & Animals category and choose the shark image. You'll see 4 images (2 next and 2 previous) from the Pets & Animals category. When you click next, it takes you to an image of a flying ant. This picture is part of a subcatory, so the filmstrip changes to reflect that. To continue viewing more pics from the Pets & Animals category, you have to get back out to the main thumbnail page rather than just click "next".

Maybe what I'm really looking for is a slideshow feature. Basically, I just want to be able to view all the photos in a category without clicking back and forth between the thumbnail page and the main image page. The filmstrip feature *almost* does this for me as it is.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be, but you might be able to keep track of the point that the user enters the main image view page and use that as a reference for the filmstrip (regardless of whether the current image is in a subcateogry).

Anyway, just a thought. Sorry for the long post. I like what you've done so far.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:54 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

The way you've described the filmstrip is perfect for how it works with an admin panel option turned on; otherwise it keeps you in the current category without going to subs. If I'm lucky, I should be able to get the filmstrip to go across categories with an additional admin panel option and four lines of code. I'll try it tomorrow.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Pro v.2.0.9 now has the option to display filmstrip thumbs regardless of category. Demo here.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams