Requirements
  • vBulletin 4.0.0+
  • PHP 5.2.0+
  • MySQL 4.1.0+
  • PHP with GD2
  • Safe Mode Off

New Features
  • This is a maintenance release
    • Changes were made to make PhotoPlog Pro compatible with vBulletin 4, and effort was made to make everything work the same as was the case with vB3, but because of vB4 differences, not all things will look and work exactly like before. Compatibility means that there are tables in the PhotoPlog templates with additional CSS to give the vB4 look and feel (see the attached screenshots or check out the live demo of PhotoPlog Pro on vB4 here).

Changed Files
  • Many of the files

Changed Templates
  • All the templates

New Phrases
  • None - see this thread for language packs

How-to Upgrade (from Pro v.2.1.4.8 for vB3)
  • FTP all the PhotoPlog PHP files in ASCII mode to your server, overwriting old files (except the config.php and photoplog_prefix.php files)
  • Revert all customized PhotoPlog templates listed above via the ACP, if changed from their originals
  • Re-import the PhotoPlog product XML file via the ACP (do NOT uninstall, do allow overwrite)
    • Note: changed PhotoPlog templates will not be overwritten by reimporting the XML file, so you must revert the changed PhotoPlog templates via the ACP prior to re-importing the PhotoPlog product XML file (failure to do so means PhotoPlog will not work correctly)
  • See the main README.txt file in the ZIP package for further details, and make sure to use the vB4 template edits from the main README file for vB4 forums (the vB3 edits will not work on vB4 forums)

Special Note
  • If you happen to upgrade vBulletin, then delete the vbulletin_textedit.js file from inside the PhotoPlog /images directory if present (do NOT delete the vbulletin_textedit.js file inside the vB /clientscript directory) and PhotoPlog will regenerate the file for you, if necessary

Where is the live demo?
  • This site has a number of mods on it and therefore hasn't been updated to vB4 but if you want to see a live demo of PhotoPlog Pro on vB4 you can do that here. Be sure to use the Style Chooser in the lower left on that site and see how PhotoPlog Pro takes on the different vB4 stylevars / colors. The various styles on that site are color changes and they get applied to the gallery too.

Discussion
  • PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4.8 for vB4 discussion here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen1.jpg (38.2 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg screen2.jpg (40.2 KB, 105 views)
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 04-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

FYI, there was a link in the album list of the member page that popped up a 404 page (sorry, didn't notice this before the release) so after rechecking the pro version for vB4 with fresh eyes, there were some vB3 remnants present that shouldn't have been there, and these remnants have now been removed or updated to their vB4 counterparts.

If you downloaded PhotoPlog Pro for vB4 before 20 April 2010 17:10:49 GMT, then just do the following to be rid of the vB3 remnants:
  • Download another copy of PhotoPlog Pro and save to your computer. Disregard the previous version you downloaded.
  • FTP all the PHP files from the vB4 /photoplog directory (except the config.php file). Note: the vB4 /photoplog directory is the one that contains the thumbnails.php file. You only need to FTP those PHP files in that directory (except the config.php file).
  • Re-import the PhotoPlog product XML file via the ACP (do NOT uninstall, do allow overwrite). Note: changed PhotoPlog templates will not be overwritten by reimporting the XML file, so you must revert the changed PhotoPlog templates via the ACP prior to re-importing the PhotoPlog product XML file.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 04-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Head Plog
Admin

FYI, there was a remnant collapse button that remained, but it has now been removed. There was also a problem with Highslide working correctly on IE8, and this has been fixed.

If you downloaded PhotoPlog Pro for vB4 before 22 April 2010 00:33:08 GMT, then just do the following to be rid of the issues mentioned in this post:
  • Read post two and see if it applies to you (make sure to note the date and time).
  • If post two applies to you, then you need to do it and the following. Otherwise you need to do just the following.
  • Download another copy of PhotoPlog Pro and save to your computer. Disregard the previous version you downloaded.
  • Find the README file inside the /highslide directory. In that file are details for editing the highslide.css file so the <- -> + x image overlays the Highslide pop-up image.
  • Replace the entire /highslide directory (including its contents) that is on your server with the /highslide directory (and its contents) that is inside the /photoplog directory of PhotoPlog for vB4. Make sure the /highslide directory is the only one you overwrite!
  • Re-import the PhotoPlog product XML file via the ACP (do NOT uninstall, do allow overwrite). Note: changed PhotoPlog templates will not be overwritten by reimporting the XML file, so you must revert the changed PhotoPlog templates via the ACP prior to re-importing the PhotoPlog product XML file.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Head Plog
Admin

FYI, there was a missing > in the photoplog_thumb_nails template. You can either find this:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
In the photoplog_thumb_nails template, and replace it with this:
Code:
Or you can download a new copy of PhotoPlog and then re-import the PhotoPlog product XML file via the ACP (do NOT uninstall, do allow overwrite). You only need to revert the photoplog_thumb_nails template (and only if it was changed from its original) via the ACP prior to re-importing the PhotoPlog product XML file. This was fixed as of 22 April 2010 15:15:03 GMT.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Head Plog
Admin

FYI, there was a missing . in the photoplog_cat_bit template. You can either find this (two spots in the template):
Code:
In the photoplog_cat_bit template, and replace it with this:
Code:
Or you can download a new copy of PhotoPlog and then re-import the PhotoPlog product XML file via the ACP (do NOT uninstall, do allow overwrite). You only need to revert the photoplog_cat_bit template (and only if it was changed from its original) via the ACP prior to re-importing the PhotoPlog product XML file. This was fixed as of 01 May 2010 23:35:42 GMT.
Closed Thread