Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > Troubleshooting & Problems
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 18 Years ago

Old 01-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Help with Paths

Posted this in the wrong forum...sorry!!

I have just installed Lite on my forums.

http://www.cigarsyndicate.com/photoplog is the main directory for PhotoPlog.

http://www.cigarsyndicate.com/forums/index.php is my vBAdvanced page.

http://www.cigarsyndicate.com/forums/std_index.php is my forums homepage for vB.

I have had to hack my navbar quite a bit mostly because I'm not a veteran vBulletin guru...I just get things to work by messing around...not exactly the right way I know...

The problem is that photoplog keeps instering it's own path where it shouldn't. For example, at the top of the page is the graphic (like the photoplog logo at the top of your page) which is clickable and should navigate to the forums home page. Instead of navigating to:

http://www.cigarsyndicate.com/forums/std_index.php

It attempts to navigate to:

http://www.cigarsyndicate.com/photoplog/std_index.php

...which of course, is invalid.

It does the same thing to the Admin and Mod links at the bottoms of the page. FOr some reason PhotoPlog likes to replace "forums" with "photoplog"...isn't this $forumhome? (again, I'm a vB newbie).

I have /photoplog in AdminCP -> PhotoPlog -> Modify Settings -> PhotoPlog Directory.

Can you help me figure this out?

Thanks!

BTW, I lov the way PhotoPlog works, and I WILL be a purchaser of Pro.

As long as I can figure out how to navigate out of it I'll be OK! Once you get in you can't seem to get back out!

LOL

PS - Morgan, I have a login set up for you with admin privs...please PM me if you want to use it.

Last edited by Belicoso_Fino; 01-29-2006 at 03:55 PM..
Old 01-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

PhotoPlog Lite should be prepending http://www.cigarsyndicate.com/forums on any relative link, but looking at the HTML source of your PhotoPlog index page, it has the following:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
The SRC attribute received the prepend, but because std_index.php doesn't have the prepend, it links relative to the http://www.cigarsyndicate.com/photoplog/ page.

This was a problem in earlier versions of PhotoPlog Lite, having two spots to prepend on the same line. Thought I had it nixed in later versions. What version are you using? Is it an upgrade from a previous version? Try FTPing the latest PHP files from PhotoPlog Lite v.1.0.6.2, overwriting the old files. Maybe there's an old file on the server?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Green Plog

I had to "hardwire" certain URL's in order to get navigation working...that said, I doo see what you're saying.

But I forgot to mention the admin and mod links do the same thing.

I'll look at this later and post back.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I will pay NOW for a copy of Pro for the help I seem to so desperately need.

Whadya say?

Old 01-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Head Plog
Admin

LOL, you can pay but you won't get a copy until it's done.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Green Plog

That's OK, but if I pay you now, in advance, will you help me sort out my mess?

Old 01-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Head Plog
Admin

You don't have to pay me for me to try and help out, but I can't see your install of PhotoPlog because guests aren't allowed.

What version of PhotoPlog are you using? Is it an upgrade from a previous version? Try FTPing the latest PHP files from PhotoPlog Lite v.1.0.6.2, overwriting the old files. Maybe there's an old file on the server?
Old 01-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Green Plog

I've got 1.0.62 and it was on top of a fresh install.

I'm going to PM you a guest login that has admin privs.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:40 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Okay, I've set three replacement variables for each of your styles so the links should now be okay. You can see the replacement variables by going to vB ACP -> Styles & Templates -> Replacement Variable Manager, but the underlying issue is in the photoplog_absolute_links function.

More details: http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55
Old 01-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Green Plog

THANKS!

Everything seems to be working fine!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Green Plog

Oops...from my vBa CMPS page I'm getting "double links"...

Last edited by Belicoso_Fino; 01-31-2006 at 03:08 PM..