Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 18 Years ago

Old 01-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Random thumbs/vbadvanced

Hello,

Enjoy your gallery very much. I have the random thumbs showing right below the navbar on my forumhome per the instructions in the readme. Is there a way to show this on my vbadvanced portal page in the same manner? I know there is a module for this but i dont like the vertical style. Please be advised, I am a novice at code editing so you will have to spell it out for me if there is a way.

Thank you very much
Old 01-03-2006, 01:01 AM
Yellow Plog

Theres a vba thumbs module on vb.org 3.5x extensions section
Old 01-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Green Plog

Thanks nitro, However that is way to complicated for me lol.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Yellow Plog

??? Ummm not sure how you can say that you installed the gallery ? you installed vba CMS ? but the vba CMS thumbs is to complex thats on http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103839

(Just in case youve read to much into it) My post in that thread on vb.org is for vbportal users as opposed to vba cms users and how to just as easily make the same effect in vbportal from the same file. If you have not got vbportal then the terminoligy in my post will not bear any relevance to your portals CP, nor will you need to look at that post.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Green Plog

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I had someone who knew what they were doing install everything for me lol.

maybe the creator of photoplog coud chime in and help me?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

To change to horizontal, you'd need to edit the photoplog_thumbs.php file, making it similar to the PhotoPlog Forum Home Thumbs plugin. Later I'll attach a photoplog_thumbs.php file for horizontal thumbs, but right now I'm busy on other stuff.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Yellow Plog

Sorry Racenut I mustv not read your post properly and didnt see you wanted it the other way.

If you cant wait for the horisontal file from if you view the photoplog forum home thumbs file your looking at the differences in code after the main querie starting at:
Code:
and around the same point in the photoplog_thumbs.php file.
Code:
To sum it up as simple as possible you could replace all the code inc these points and remove the tag starting tbody and remove its closing tag. Also you would want to put back the two instances of $photoplog_thumbs that had become $photoplog_forumhome after you did the replace from the forum home plugin code. I think thats about it really.

Note: do not edit the plugin itself just copy the code from the big box that shows the code and edit the photoplog_thumbs.php file. I cant spell it out any simpler than that really wihtout actually doing it.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Attachment now available on vBorg.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Green Plog

thanks for sharing that i couldnt figure out what to do either now i can compare this is an awsome add-on cheers!!
Old 01-13-2006, 02:13 AM
Green Plog

I downloaded the attachment and followed the instructions pretty closely. On the vbadvanced page I just get a blank space under 'Random Thumbs'. Do you have any suggestions as how to fix this?