Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > Troubleshooting & Problems
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 17 Years ago

Old 02-07-2007, 03:41 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Can't Upload Photos

I have had a PhotoPlog Lite installation for over a year, and all of a sudden I get the following error when I try to upload.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I checked permissions and found that the images dir was not writable by IUSR (Win2003 Server) and changed that, but still no luck.

Any ideas on what to look at?

I'm thinking about upgrading to 2.0.6.

I have a vB 3.5.3 installation. My PhotoPlog Lite is 1.0.6.2.

TIA for any help.

Last edited by Belicoso_Fino; 02-07-2007 at 03:47 AM..
Old 02-07-2007, 03:59 AM
Green Plog

OK, just successfully upgraded to 2.0.6. Now when I try to upload the error I get is:

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
The file is not too large...my limit is set to 500K and I'm trying to upload a jpg. I had users uploading files just 7 days ago. Now for no reason it's broken.

TIA again for any help.

BF
Old 02-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Possible reasons: GD is not installed, GD is not installed with GIF, JPG, and PNG support, file is not a GIF, JPG, or PNG image, file is larger than Maximum File Size permission set via the Usergroup Manager, file is not uploaded by correct user, file is not an uploaded file, file name does not end with gif, jpg, or png, case insensitive, file is not an image/gif, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, or image/png MIME type, no file was uploaded.

Given that it was working, but now isn't, check whether the /tmp directory is full. Perhaps no file was uploaded because the /tmp directory is full.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-08-2007, 02:39 AM
Green Plog

Morgan,

I found the problem. It's IE7.

IE6 and Firefox works fine. I tested it by uploading 5 files with each browser, no problems. Using IE7 and the same 5 files, I get the error above.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:46 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Check your IE7 security settings, try medium or default, or add your site to trusted sites.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-08-2007, 06:14 AM
Green Plog

Nope, none of that worked with IE7. I set the security to the lowest level and addded my site ot the trusted site list. Same error.

Have you tested with IE7?
Old 02-09-2007, 02:38 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Yes, I am able to upload using IE7.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Green Plog

Well now I'm stumped.

I have a half-dozen users who can't upload with IE7.

I re-tested with IE7 after I read this and still no luck.

Oh well.

Thanks for uploading my logos though
Old 02-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Not sure Google will help, but it looks like other people are having general IE7 upload issues too. With the number of browser settings, it's hard to say which ones will do the trick, or whether it's from an OS/browser interaction. I used XP/IE7 when uploading your logos and didn't have to change any settings. BTW, if you want me to delete the logos from the gallery, just say the word.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:43 AM
Green Plog

No, it's cool, keep the logos!