Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 17 Years ago

Old 08-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Few questions before purchasing Photoplog Pro

Hey guys,
Sorry if this has already been answered but i just wanted to be sure of a few things before i go and purchase the pro version of this software.If wondering why not use the lite version i prefer the layout of pro over lite from what i have seen.Now onto my question.

First i was wondering if it is possible to mass import a folder of images from the server.Say for example i install photoplog and upload a set of images to /images/cars/ can i import all images in "cars" at once?I know this was a feature in the old VBA gallery that i loved and came in handy for me but i dont really like the new release of photopost or whatever they call it these days.

Second was does photoplog allow unlimtied catagories as well as sub catagories?Sub catagories will be something i definently need for my site to help organise the thousands of photo's that will be in the gallery.

Also is it possible to make the sub catagory page display the same way as the main catagory page?I dont really like the idea of the small navbar with links to subcats.

Thanks all for your time and i look foward to any answers that you can give me.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:45 AM
Head Plog

Gallery: 2

Currently, the pro version lets you upload multiple files at once using multiple upload boxes, and you can set how many upload boxes you want, but it does not have a real mass import feature. See also this thread. However, an FTP upload feature is on the tentative feature list for the next release, v2.1.2 (see this thread). On the server, the files are actually organized by userid rather than by category name, but with the FTP upload feature as currently planned, you would be able to mass upload to a particular category or subcategory.

The number of categories and sub-categories is virtually unlimited. Unlimited is a rather spooky word, as you would surely have some difficulties if you want 50 million categories. However, there is no built-in hard limit like 512 categories that you need to worry about.

Sorry, but I have to punt on the sub-category display question (i.e. let Morgan address it). Morgan?
Old 08-31-2006, 04:03 AM
Green Plog

Thanks logan for answering my questions,
Photoplog definently interests us.Is there any idea at all when we might be able to expect the new release with the mass import option?This is a feature we really need for our site (it's a gaming related site) I wouldn't mind using the normal way but when you are trying to add thousands of images at once this will be very time consuming uploading a few at a time as you can imagine.

Glad to hear about the no limit of Catagories and Sub Cats,I kinda figured that there was virtually no limit.Just wanted to make sure of that.

I'll wait on the last question as well and look foward to your replies.Also out of curiosity i know this is a slim chance but if we were willing to pay is there any chance of getting the mass-import added to the current version or perhaps aiding in quicker release of the new version?Not to say we are better then anyone else or anything but just thought i would ask.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

For the sub-category display, you can change, via template, the box that surrounds the text links of sub-categories, but the text links themselves are contained in one variable, so without code changes, there is no other option to affect the layout. It would take some work to get the sub-category links to look like the main category list.

While I do appreciate the offer of money and can certainly understand the need for an FTP import file feature, I'm not taking pay for custom requests that are slated to be released in the next version anyway. The unfortunate bit is that I cannot give you a date of release as it depends on how schedules, coding, and testing progress. Sorry.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Green Plog

Well i do have pretty good amount of expierience making VB skins and customizing there templates so if it's at least similar i should be able to handle the sub catagory part.

It's a real shame to hear about the rest though.I will surely keep an eye on this and hope that it comes out sometime soon.Thanks