Yellow Plog

Gallery: 2
Comments: 1

It is just past experience!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Orange Plog

Comments: 0

We've played around with the 3.7 photo system and it's really *really* limited. No searching system whatsoever AFAICT, no really ability for it to be a site wide gallery at all...

That said, there's some useful features in there that are worth noting. High on the list is the ability to use an automatic resizing of uploaded images, we have had quite a few ahh... computer challenged... folks that have HUGE images that they can't get to upload, it'd be great to have an auto resize that can make them fit within an admin defined x/y set of pixel count values.

It'd also be really *really* helpful to be have a block/module of some sort that could be used in the new profiles to show the member's images ditto for the vBlogs.

Photoplog is *lightyears* ahead of the limited photo functionality in 3.7, hopefully it'll be possible to piggyback on some of the new hooks etc to better integrate Photoplog once 3.7 is out? Looks like a *lot* of potential there, we're really pretty excited about what the future could hold...

[edit]
Oops... forgot to add: Highslide beats Lightbox hands down and walking away too, not to mention the integration of images thumbs into the forum search etc etc... 'Plog is orders of magnitude past the photo functionality included with 3.7 IMO, and given the way jelsoft has implemented it, it looks kind of like their focus is comlpetely different. They seem to look at an image gallery as an afterthought, a nice tweak, but not something worthy of being it's own product. We couldn't disagree more, the gallery is a very important and dynamic part of our site... Ehh... Short Version: Go 'Plog go!
[/edit]

James and Susan

Last edited by James; 11-28-2007 at 06:22 PM..
Old 12-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Yellow Plog

So Morgan, will you wait til'' 3.7 hits the road for Photoplog 2.1.5 ??
Old 12-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Yes, the pro v.2.1.5 release will definitely be second.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Orange Plog

Comments: 2

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I could test the new vB Gallery feature and to be honest: This one could not convinced me. I'll throw it away and I'll stay by using PhotoPlog. What else?

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
IMO it does say "NOTHING". I'm not Morgan but if I'd stay in devolping PhotoPlog as usual. PhotoPlog does have a glory future. It's simply the best -Mike
Old 12-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 1

by the way... any screen shots to new features embed on 2.1.5?
Old 12-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Head Plog
Admin

No screenshots yet, but I'll update the screenshots page after pro v.2.1.5 is released.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Orange Plog

Comments: 2

What? A new 2.1.5 version? Did I miss something? Would you please tell us some new details, Morgan?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Yep, I'm planning to release pro v.2.1.5, but after vB 3.7 goes gold, though there is no set release date yet. Once released, I'll create a thread in the announcements forum.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Head Plog
Admin

FYI, see the first post in this thread for an update.
Closed Thread