Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > "How Do I..." Questions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 17 Years ago

Old 12-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default photoplog lite and vb3.6.4

i have installed it from vbulletin.org, i am running the latest vbulletin 3.6.4 forum, i am having trouble to upload images.

*FIXED When I go to exemple.com/forums/photoplog/ and click on home or upload or search I get file home.php or upload.php or search.php file does not exist. I noticed that the links are generated as exemple.com/photoplog/home.php and not adding the /forums/ folder. how can i fix this?
edited photoplog_script_dir in AdminCP, my bad

Is there a way to change the Members Uploads alphabetic order section too show the number+alphabetic order for images names instead?
0123456789abcdefghigklmnopqrstuvwxyz + others

I have been trying to add the gallery random pics in forum home too and added the code, when i got to Forum main page i dont see anything.

Morgan, can you please make something to automatically add pictures? i mean like having a Bot (username) to upload an image automatically? i have a page that displays online game servers and i want a Bot (an username) to automatically upload a picture when the game server script shows a default.jpg image when a server map image can't be found on the server.

Can an upgrade be made about the vbulletin.org PhotoPlog Lite script there? it hasnt been updated for a long time.

thank you.

Last edited by Defrag; 12-30-2006 at 06:01 PM..
Old 12-31-2006, 06:00 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Glad you found the ACP setting but sorry except perhaps for proven bugs, I'm not adding any new features to the lite version, as it is intended as the final release of the lite series, though the following untested change to the PhotoPlog index.php file might get the letter bar to work on file names instead of user names:
  • From...
    Code:
    Content visible to registered users only.
  • To...
    Code:
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Green Plog

I fixed all my problems and it works perfectly now, it's a really cool gallery and i would pay to go Pro if only i had the money but i just dont and that sucks and i really need a gallery to upload images.. i have 2,000+ to upload lol.

photoplog lite died?

I tested the changes and it works perfect, how can i add numbers to the list and also like an "others" button to display any other images not starting with a number or a letter? like characters.. # ! [ { % & .....

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z others

How can i remove LARGE images options so that only thumbnail and medium size is generated? having 3 options just makes the server to get full quickly, no full image link.

those are my last requests, i wont bother you with the lite version again

thank you

Last edited by Defrag; 12-31-2006 at 11:18 AM..
Old 12-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Green Plog

* FIXED: I was able to figure out how to add the number+letter and it works perfect

here's the code to change in template photoplog_letter_bar

Replace with:
Code:
Now i just need to figure out how to make the "others" button to function.
edit: oops, number 0 (zero) is not working, when i click it, it displays all the images.
edit: mm, nvm, i dont know how REGEXP works, other numbers, letters are not working either..when i upload an image, some times the image is renamed, like, [dm]image.jpg becomes dmimage.jpg..i want to keep the exact name. Some times the naming is correct but even when i press the letter or number, i still dont see anything on the results page or either i see all the pictures.

Code:

Last edited by Defrag; 12-31-2006 at 02:26 PM..
Old 12-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Unfortunately money makes the world go 'round so to speak, but Lite didn't really die in a sense, as it morphed into the Pro version. Development continues on PhotoPlog Pro, and both Lite and Pro are supported on this site.

PhotoPlog strips file names of "bad" characters, replacing those characters with the underscore character. The code in post two handles not-a-letter and is-a-letter, though you can try this untested rendition instead:
Code:
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Green Plog

is it possible to just not use the characters checking and upload images with original names? or maybe do the checking from 0-9a-zA-Z then any other characters are placed in the list of the "others" button?.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Head Plog
Admin

The following characters are currently allowed:
Code:
Not recommended, but if you change it to something else, you'll need to make sure that the file names are processed correctly for links, forms, etcetera, so no one can make inappropriate use of a "bad" file name.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Green Plog

i will use photoplog to upload images for the website i'm building only, normal users will not be able to upload images.

i edited upload.php (line 92) and edit.php (line 107) and added some more characters but i get an error saying MIME type or file size is wrong and at the top of the page i see this error:

Warning: eregi_replace() [function.eregi-replace]: REG_ERANGE in /gallery/upload.php on line 92

i guess i need to try another gallery.. can you convert a gallery to vbulletin for a fee? it's a small standalone gallery called SPGM.

PhotoPlog Lite v2.05 works on vbulletin v3.6.4 btw if people are wondering.

edit: Morgan can i PM you?
Old 01-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Head Plog
Admin

This is a guess, as I cannot see the character class that you set: move the dash (- character) to the end of the class. As for converting another gallery, sorry, not interested. You can PM me as long as it follows my sig.