Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 15 Years ago

Old 01-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Photoplog linking to another program

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I am running "Zoints Local" and need to know the code to place in the block that would allow me to show the link to that users gallery.

Zoints Local is like a MySpace profile system and is placed in its own folder within the forums root directory. I used the same code that you have for the MEMBERINFO template and it did not work as wanted. All it did was load the gallery index rather than the users uploaded photos when the link was clicked. The code works great on the members profile page but that is not where I need it to work because ZOINTS uses it's own enhanced profile system.

So what code do I need to use in order for this to work?

PLease help
Old 01-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

I'm not familiar with Zoints so cannot tell you what change you would need to make.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Green Plog

Ok... I am not worried about zoints. I just need be able to call the users photo album from a zoints page. The Zoints crew told me to come over here and get the info because they do not know your program. Zoints uses the same database that vbulletin does so the basics should be the same.

PLease give me the code so that I can do what I explained in the initial post.

Thank you for your time
Old 01-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Head Plog
Admin

You quoted the HTML link in post one. If you are adding the link to a template, there is no PHP code with which to deal. You need to make sure the variables in the following link are available wherever you are adding the link:
Code:
Zoints doesn't need to know my program. You need to tell them where you are adding the link, and they need to tell you what variable contains the userid. If the userid is not contained in $userinfo[userid] they need to tell you what variable contains the userid so you can edit the HTML link.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Green Plog

Sorry for the delay in the responce. I have been waiting for zoints to respond. Here is what they told me:
Code:
This really sucks because it seems nobody want to take the time to assist me in this problem. If I knew php I would have figured it out my self so you can see my frustration here.

Can you please help me get this to work? The userid variable used by zoints is $this->zuser
Old 02-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Just a couple of guesses, but like I said, I am not familiar with Zoints, so cannot tell you if either of these will work:
Code:
Please understand that to provide you with an answer that would be sure to work, I would need to examine the Zoints code, something for which I do not have the time or inclination. The best advise I can give you, I gave in post four.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Green Plog

Sorry for replying to an old thread, but I figured it's worth mentioning. There's a block for Zoints Local that you can add.. It will show the latest Photoplog uploads for that specific user, with a link to their photoplog gallery. If you just want the link to their gallery, then edit the block code to show "0" maximum photos, and I believe it should just have the link there.