Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 08-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Safe Mode ON

Hi there,

I wonder if there is any hack or update to have the script running in Safe Mode ON ??

I never use scripts that are not safe and which do not run in safe mode.

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

PhotoPlog needs to have safe mode off in order to process files. No workaround is available. Sorry.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 08-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Green Plog

Thx for your fast reply. Hm.. there must be a workaround. Since I have full rights on my dedicated server I can do anything needed to get this running with safe mode on.

The problem is with the UID - see below:

Warnung: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 546 is not allowed to access /var/www/web23/html/photoplog/images/1 owned by uid 33 in /photoplog/upload.php (Zeile 173)

Now there must be an solution to have the script having the same UID as the server ?! Would this work? And would this be safe?
Old 08-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Untested but try http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 08-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Green Plog

hm... very complicated. not sure if it works. is safe_mode OFF only needed for uploading pictures? will I be able to set safe_mode ON again after I've uploaded the images and will the users still be able to dsiplay / see the pictures without getting safe_mode errors? if that's the case I will turn safe_mode OFF for now and turn it on again when I've uploaded all the images I want.

Another question:
can I mass upload pictures somehow? directly via ftp or something?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Haven't tested the switching of safe mode on/off so cannot say either way. As for multiple uploads, or FTP import, that is only available in the pro version. The lite version allows for one upload at a time.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Green Plog

Does not work. It does not display the pictures with safe mode OFF.
Too bad.

Is the current pro version SEOed?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Head Plog
Admin

No, but there might be something on the vBSEO or nuHIT website to SEO PhotoPlog links, though I'm not sure, so you'd need to take a look.