Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 11-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Searchable fields

Hello,

I found this gallery interesting. What I miss in other galleries, almost all of them is to make additional fields searchable. It is a process that should be made easy.
I might find this option in some galleries yes, but the gallery-coders do not go further. I hope that Photoblog does. Here is what I am after.

So, after demo-tour I found that you can add additional fields.
Can I make them searchable?

But that is of course not enough .
this is the second step of my question.

I want to make additional fields for upload that the user has to fill in.
For example, scroll down lists like:

<Airline>
<Type of aircraft>
<Airport>

Now, I made those drop-downs and in those I have lots of airlines and lots of types (can I make additional drop-downs or only text areas?).
Beneath those drop-downs I have a text-area that if something is missing in the drop-downs directly above the user has a possibility to fill in and at the same time add information to the corresponding drop-downs.

In the search-page I have search by category.
Can I, in the search page add those drop-downs so the user can search by <airline>, by <type of aircraft>, <airport> or by any drop-down list I add?
Is that possible?
Is there maybe a mod for it?
Is it something for the next releases that is planned?
If so, I really am about to get Photoblog.

This is important to me because I am about to start a gallery-site for airplanes. Search engine that is good is needed.

Thanx in advance!

Best regards to the Photoblog team and developers!

Last edited by airliner; 11-05-2007 at 03:29 PM..
Old 11-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

The type of custom fields you can set are as follows:
  • Single-Line Text Box
  • Multiple-Line Text Box
  • Single-Selection Menu
  • Single-Selection Radio Buttons
  • Multiple-Selection Menu
  • Multiple-Selection Checkbox
A 'Single-Selection Menu' custom field has been added to the online demo if you want to take a peek to see how it can look.

You can set a default value for custom fields, but there is no fill-in option for something not provided in the drop down menu. You could add a 'Single-Line Text Box' in that case, but it won't get added to the drop down menu.

The search page does allow for search by category, but there is no modification available to search by custom field, though custom fields are searched automatically by default as are title and description.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 11-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Hmm, is there a way to request such feature?
Of course for refund when purchasing the product?

Best Regards
Old 11-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Requests can be made in the Feedback & Suggestions forum, but there are no guarantees that every request will make it into a release.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams