Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > "How Do I..." Questions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 18 Years ago

Old 02-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default extensions

hi, currently you can't upload .bmp files to photoplog, does anyone know how I can make my gallery capable of doing this?

Please help
Old 02-14-2006, 01:14 PM
Yellow Plog

I am guessing you would need to make changes in upload.php edit.php and to the thumb creating function in functions.php.

As to exactly what code you would need to add I dont know, I would guess the thumb code would be the hardest element tho.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Green Plog

yea, i think im guna have to look at it myself because noone else seems to know :S ty anyway
Old 02-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

PhotoPlog Lite uses the GD library for image processing, but it is currently not possible to process BMP files using the GD library. Not sure why, but perhaps it is because BMP files tend to be rather large and might lend more to size and timeout issues. That said, you could edit files like Nitro suggests, using this:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Instead of this:
Code:
And using this:
Code:
Instead of this:
Code:
Though there is still the thumbs issue, where you could use width / height attributes to resize, but basically there would need to be some rewrite of the code, whether through the use of the ImageMagick program or custom BMP functions, to account for the lack of BMP support in the GD library.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Green Plog

i have already been through and changed

Code:
to
Code:
was there any reason it should be 6?

Also I changed
Code:
To
Code:
I was wondering, with bmp the file types are infact bitmap imamges where as jpg ones are jpeg and in the coding jpeg is used do you think that I need to put in

Code:
At the moment with the edits I have made uploading 'bmp' doesnt work. (Says sorry: user bad file)

Cheers
Old 02-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Number 4 is for SWF files, number 6 is for BMP files. The bitmap MIME Type is image/bmp though there might be others:
Code:
These changes alone won't get around the bigger issue: PhotoPlog Lite uses the GD library for image processing, but it is currently not possible to process BMP files using the GD library, so there would need to be some rewrite of the code, whether through the use of the ImageMagick program or custom BMP functions, to account for the lack of BMP support in the GD library.

ImageMagick binaries can be run via hell through the use of the exec function. Custom BMP functions are functions that would need to be created to handle BMP files. ImageMagick is probably preferable, but not every hosting account has ImageMagick or allows the exec function. For larger than large BMP files, custom BMP functions might be too slow to be of any real use.

Either way though, it is possible to upload BMP files but not with a quick edit here or there.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Green Plog

ok i have changed the 4 to 6 from my previous edits, ow instead of saying "bad file" it says "bad save"
Old 02-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Head Plog
Admin

That's because PhotoPlog Lite cannot make thumbs from BMP files, because PhotoPlog Lite uses the GD library for image processing, but it is currently not possible to process BMP files using the GD library, so there would need to be...
Old 02-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Green Plog

ok, not to worry, im guna have to live with JPG's, its going to be hard trying to teach the gamers! they aren't too good with designs/ images. In your postbit you have a link to your gallery... Is this a released mod? If so where can i find this cheers. ty for the help
Old 02-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Think of the bandwidth you'll save using JPGs instead of BMPs.

The gallery link (with count) in postbit is part of the pro version.

You can add a general link by using the following in postbit:
Code: