Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 15 Years ago

Old 05-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Thumbs up Few questions before re-subscribe

Hi Morgan,

Just considering renewing my subscription, however don't have access to the pro threads so can't search if these have been resolved.

I noticed that you've integrated a gallery search into the vb search results as per my suggestion in the 2.1.4 thread - is that a mod that can easily be applied to my site?

Is there a way to integrate vb tags to gallery images and having these linked to taglist searches from vb? Or at the very least implement a tag system for images? This would rock as I could drastically reduce the number of gallery categories making browsing much smoother, while still retaining catagories via the taglist system.

I noticed the [images] and [upload] links near your smiliebox - are these standard functionality?

Is there any software equivalent to 'Gallery Remote' or the Facebook style java image uploader that will resize a users image to say 800 width before they upload it to save on their bandwidth and waiting time?

All in all, the system is looking pretty smooth now.. I'm pretty keen to upgrade
Old 05-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

1: Regarding searches, it comes as a default feature of PhotoPlog Pro.

2: There is nothing currently available for tags aside from custom fields.

3: Regarding the [images] and [upload] links, they are template edits.

4: Original files are currently not resized upon upload: on the to-do list.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Green Plog

Thanks for the quick response Morgan - will renew subscription today.

2. Would you consider this as an enhancement request? I believe it would be a nice way to integrate images with the existing vb tag system.

4. Glad it's on the to-do list. While not an essential feature I reckon a reduced upload overhead would encourage users to use it more often.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Not sure on two, and the thing with four is that to resize originals in PHP, the image must first be uploaded, so upload overhead is increased not reduced, though used server space would likely to be less with a dimensionally reduced image.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Green Plog

Cheers,

Regarding 2, my aim is to have just a few categories - seems to much admin to create a cat each week for a different game... was hoping to use tags as a way to link images of the same player and make it easy to see all images for a single player.
Is there a better way to do this that you can suggest?

I know that with facebook it's a java app that resizes the image on the client machine before uploading.

Either way, I've resubscribed now and cleaned my gallery up heaps. Am liking the latest version a lot more

Had a few thoughts on the inline mod functionality (another one of my suggestions I think )
- how about adding select all, deselect all, invert selection
- what's with the limit of 20 images? it's a bit of a pain when moving images as you select say 20 from the first 4 pages to move elsewhere, then have to go back to page 2 to see if any from page 5 have now moved back earlier in the piece.

Cheers,
Moses.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Custom fields are not linked, though they are searchable using the search form, but there is nothing currently available for actual tags. It is doubtful that I'd code a Java application to do client-side resizing. Maybe on the select all, deselect all, invert selection, and as to the twenty, in the PhotoPlog inline.php file:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:43 AM
Green Plog

Cheers Morgan,

All good answers, and as I said I'm very happy with the gallery now.

Is there any way to bind the submit comment button to Ctrl-S like Submit in the forums, and last question I promise - any plans to integrate images and comments with the vb reputation system?

Cheers,
Moses.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Head Plog
Admin

1: http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802 (add accesskey="s" to type="submit" INPUT tags)

2: http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639 (for promotion integration, not sure on reputation)
Old 05-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Green Plog

Thanks again Morgan, I've implemented the accesskey fix and even added my changes to add the accesskey in the upload image also. Can I suggest that you add these accesskeys to future versions as it is really standard vb behaviour.

Is there a current thread in the forums for enhancement requests? I found the 2.1.5 thread is closed and couldn't find anything more recent than that.

Anyways, my suggestion would be to implement 'Facebook' style image tagging. I've found a GNU way of doing this here however am the first to admit that implementing it for photoplog is beyond my current skill level.

Just a suggestion anyway, cheers, Moses.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Pro v.2.1.5 is already in the works so no more suggestions for it are being taken at this time. After pro v.2.1.5 is released a suggestion thread for the next pro version will be started. In the meantime there is the Feedback & Suggestions forum for suggestions that fall between the two threads.