Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 17 Years ago

Old 02-13-2007, 02:41 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default gallery keeps disappearing.

Hey there.

I finally got photoplog running and now it keeps disappearing and reapearing from my forum and vb admin. Any ideas what would cause this?
Old 02-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Not sure what you mean by "it keeps disappearing and reapearing from my forum and vb admin." Can you provide any further details?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Green Plog

Sure. Its odd. I installed it last night. It was working fine. I uploaded a few photos to check everything. Then it all disappeared a short time later it was all there again

Right now it is showing as a installed product But now the menu options are gone from the admin panel , and it does not display on the forum. Even if I go to http://www.kitcar.ws/photoplog/upload.php or any other url is shows a 404. This is odd as well because everything is on the server.

I liike your product and once I get this straightened out I will be upgrading to pro

"I just noticed the files are no longer on my server. Odd thing is im the only one that has access"

Last edited by slipondajimmy; 02-13-2007 at 04:25 PM..
Old 02-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Head Plog
Admin

That sounds like a server cache issue. When I first went to the link you posted, I too got a 404, but now the login box shows. However, there is nothing in the code itself would make PhotoPlog appear and then disappear and then reappear. One experience I had with server cache made me think I was going nuts, until it was turned off. I could see that the files were there, but what showed in my browser was something no longer there. That made it especially hard to debug the code I was working on at the time. Try shooting your host or server admin an email about server cache.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Green Plog

Well Everything was gone. I just uploaded everything and it seems to be working. I will upload some photos when I get home.

Thank you for your help. I will upgrade to pro when I get to the house tonight. BTW does pro allow for batch uploads? I was using coppermine before on e107 and that is a great feature.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Strange. Could it be that whoever houses your server reinstated a backup? As for multiple uploads, pro does allow multiple uploads, either by multiple upload boxes, multiple URL links, or FTP import.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Green Plog

hey thats great. I will be placing my order later on tonight. Thanks for all your help. I know I will be needing more.