Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > Troubleshooting & Problems
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 08-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Fatal Error upon uploading

Hello, I've just recently installed Photoplog lite on my server and everything looks fine, but I get an error every time I try to upload an image. The error is:

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
This is the line in the functions.php file:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I get an error just like that for other file types, the above being for .png files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

That typically means that the GD library is not installed or not installed correctly.

Chances are that you already have GD, if you are using PHP 4.3 or above, so you'd just need to enable it. On a *nix system, configure PHP --with-gd and on a Win system, set extension to php_gd2.dll in the php.ini file.

More information can be found at http://www.boutell.com/gd/faq.html (look for the "How do I get GD to work with PHP" FAQ) and at http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.image.php (look for the Installation section).

Also, here are a couple of other links that might help:If using EasyPHP, go to configuration, PHP extensions, activate php_gd2, and then restart. Here are three links with step-by-step directions on how to enable the GD library:If you are hosted, shoot your host an email with the error message you posted and have them install, or correct the install, for the GD library as GD is usually not something your host allows you to install.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 08-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Green Plog

Hey. Yeah, I got the same thing when running it through a search engine; I just wanted to make sure. I'll definitely speak to my host about it. Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:54 PM
Green Plog

Sorry to bother ya again, and for double posting if it's against the rules here, but is there anyway Photoplog can run without GD being enabled? My host claims he doesn't have access nor does he know how to do it even if he did.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Nope, PhotoPlog needs GD to run. However, chances are that you are using PHP 4.3 and above, where GD is already bundled with PHP, so direct your host to the installation section on this page.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams