Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > Troubleshooting & Problems
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 07-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Wrong Mime type or file too large Error

Hi I have read most if not all the posts about this particular error. Me as administrator can upload files fine. However my other users can not do so. I have a /tmp dir in my home dir tho it is not in the public_html folder or my forum folder. Also I noticed that the directories the script makes gives it the 99 ownership instead of me. I really need some answers to this as I run a graphics site and the gallery is to be used all the time. Also every dir is chmod 777 while the index is 644 if that helps.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:26 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

In the PhotoPlog Lite upload.php and edit.php files try replacing this:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
With the following:
Code:
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Green Plog

Default Error still there

The error is still there. I am using vBulletin 3.6.7. I can upload from my home connection but no where else. so I dunno what the deal is.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:08 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Do you have a firewall on your non-home connection that is preventing access?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 08-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Green Plog

Default Still a prob in the UK

No only the built in router on the wireless modem. I also have spoken to my host tech and he did not think it was a firewall but could not really be sure with out close examination of the script. Question have you had this problem with the paid version? I need a gallery script that ALL my users can use
Old 08-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Head Plog
Admin

It's come up with pro at least once that I recall but post two fixed it. If you and no one else can upload, it makes me think it is something other than a browser issue. Is upload_tmp_dir set to the /tmp directory in your php.ini file? Does the /tmp directory have 777 permissions? Is there an open_basedir restriction in effect?
Old 08-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Green Plog

Default Error and answers

Okay I've spoken with the server admin and he says that upload_tmp_dir is set to /tmp and I set the permissions to 777 my self. There are no open_basedir restrictions in effect. So far it seems as if the people in the US can upload but not those in the UK. Which I find rather strange.

I tried uploading via a UK proxy and it went through with firefox... Myother users r using IE7

so I dunno
Old 08-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Green Plog

Default IE 7

I seem to only have the problem with IE 7 which I just installed. IE 6.x didn't have a problem. Firefox doesn't have a problem either. I'm guessing that it is a setting in IE7 that is doing it. But which setting I dunno.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Head Plog
Admin

In the PhotoPlog Lite upload.php file find:
Code:
And temporarily replace with the following:
Code:
Then let me know what your users see on screen upon upload.

Also, there are several results that show up in Google when searching for IE7 and upload problems. Here are a couple of links though I'm not sure if they will be fruitful:
If I had to guess, I'd say it's either an IE7 setting or IE7 is returning a different MIME type, or maybe not returning one, but hopefully that code change will tell me something.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Green Plog

Default .x-png

That took care of that now I have this:

"Sorry, Recoil: G image/x-png - Notify Admin"

I didn't know how that happened. in a list of mime types it shows .x-png as images/png so i dunno